What Is the Hospice Home?
Stillwater Hospice’s Hospice Home provides medical care to those needing more intensive monitoring and treatment than can be managed in their own home.
Providing a warm and comforting homelike environment, Hospice Home, located at 5910 Homestead Road in southwest Fort Wayne, is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visitors, including family members and children, are welcome at any time, day or night.
Hospice Home at a Glance:
- The region’s only freestanding hospice facility staffed with dedicated hospice-certified physicians and caregivers
- 24-hour care, with inpatient care for symptom management such as pain control, nausea and respiratory difficulties
- Nursing services specializing in end-of-life care
- 14 private rooms
- Respite care available
- Integrative therapies such as music therapy, massage and pet therapy visits
- Spiritual support on-call and in person
- Volunteers to provide companionship
- Translation services available
- Accessible and located off I-69
- Family gathering spaces and healing gardens
- Restored native prairie
Hospice Home Is Covered by:
- Private insurance
- Private payment
Financial assistance is provided through the generosity of the Stillwater Foundation and supporters such as local foundations, corporations and individuals.
In fact, because Stillwater Hospice is a not-for-profit organization, we are proud to care for all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.